Monday, June 30, 2008

Feed The Animals

Today was the first day alone at the house with my dad. It was okay I suppose, even though I slept all day. The night shift has kind of left me disconnected with people who live on a normal sleep schedule. It’s weird, the concept of “today” and “tomorrow” and even days of the week kind of go out the window. There isn’t much difference between Friday and Monday anymore, because late nights are always kind of the same. I wonder why it seems so exciting to be out at 3 in the morning, because it really isn’t.

My dad made me dinner today for my birthday, because I wasn’t really home yesterday. It was pretty good; we had a nice conversation about safety laws, which was more entertaining than you might think. It was the first time my dad and me have had a chance to talk in a long time. I miss it, we used to go on long trips for his job when I was in high school and would talk for hours. We would listen to old punk albums, and he would toll me about growing up in LA going to see all of the bands we were listening to.



Stuff I Really Liked This Week

MUSIC
- To Be Young- Ryan Adams (fr. Heartbreaker)
- Screen Door- Uncle Tupelo (fr. Uncle Tupelo 89/93: An Anthology)
- Jesus Saves- Andrew Jackson Jihad (fr. Only God Can Judge Me)
- 6’1”- Liz Phair (fr. Exile In Guyville)
- Turn Into Something- Animal Collective (fr. Feels)
- Sun Is Out- The Apples In Stereo (fr. New Magnetic Wonder)
- Skinny Love- Bon Iver (fr. For Emma, Forever Ago)
- Moses Of The South- Colour Revolt (fr. Plunder Beg And Curse)
- Swamp- Colour Revolt (fr. Plunder Beg And Curse)
- Steep Air- Sleater Kinney (fr. The Woods)
- Teenager- Camera Obscura (fr. Underachievers Please Try Harder)
- Bingo- M.I.A. (fr. Arular)
- The Crystal Cat- Dan Deacon (fr. Spiderman Of The Rings)
- Play Your Part (Pt. 2)- Girl Talk (fr. Feed The Animals)
- Only Skin- Joanna Newsom (fr. Ys)


MOVIES
- Harold And Maude
- Persepolis
- Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
- Control
- Mystic River